Cora Fund

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Night Before-

Tonight is hard. Hopefully, there will be no more posts like this. Tomorrow is Cora's surgery and that's a very good thing. I have felt so awful leaving Cora like this the last few days but the alternatives seemed lousy. Have her amputation as an emergency surgery, not a planned one. Or have her go under anesthetic to get stitched up only to go under it again a few days later for the amputation. I've hated the options.

This evening, I was trying to clean Cora up a bit and I think I accidentally broke a scab. I got a  nip on the shin as  a result, but that’s nothing compared to how awful I felt. Not that there was much of a scab. It’s mostly an open wound and whenever I see it I feel bad and neglectful. I have never seen Cora lick or mouth her stump, but I’m wondering why it keeps getting worse. Is she doing something when she’s in the kennel, or is it just because she’s constantly moving the stump and bumping it?  I guess none of that matters. Tomorrow is surgery and this should get better. Tonight she is having troubles sleeping. She is out for a bit and then I hear her give a quiet whine.  I want her to be out of pain.

This is what Cora looks like tonight: I'm putting it as a link, as the wound on her stump is pretty obvious. I was trying to get a photo of her sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment